Detroit Lake, Oregon

This is my first visit to Detroit Lake and it was fantastic. I will definitely go back again. Since I knew it was going to be over 90 degrees in central Oregon today I decided to get up early for the hike (5am!). The campgrounds were packed, understandable given that it was the start of the 4th of July holiday week, but at 6am most of the campers were still napping so I pretty much had the parks to myself and was able to get some nice pictures. The drive from Salem is straight east on hwy 22, the road is straight and smooth for most of the drive, and it was a very pleasant experience. I took a quick detour through Mill City but since it was so early and none of the shops were open I didn't stop. Will be sure to make the next visit during regular hours so I can do a little sight-seeing as well.